Review of applicants will commence on February 1 and will continue until admissions are complete, but it is helpful to complete your application prior to the deadline to allow time for processing supplemental documents (e.g., transcripts). Please specify at least one potential mentor with whom you would like to do research in your personal statement of research interests in the application materials.
Additional information on the graduate admissions process is available on the Cratis D. Williams Graduate School website for prospective students at: http://www.graduate.appstate.edu/
Information and Application Forms
- Information on programs, admissions information, assistantships, tuition and fees, and scholarships.
- Direct link to application forms
In addition to the graduate school application, please include:
- 3 letters of recommendation
- 2 page personal statement of career goals and interests in psychology
- Resume or CV
- Official transcripts from all universities you have attended
- GRE official score report
- Application Fee - You must send a $50 check to the graduate school before your application is complete
What factors are considered in the admission decision?
Academic background, research experience, and motivation to conduct research are the main factors taken into consideration when considering applicants. All information included with your application will be considered, including GRE scores, GPA, research experience, your statement of interest, letters of recommendation and anything else you include with your application. Your statement should emphasize your professional and research interests.